Wema Bank Plc has launched its new Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) banking platform called the 945 way of life,the 945 offers easy banking at your fingertips.Accoding to the bank the USSD has been upgraded with new features to make banking easy for Wema Bank customers.
The USSD is a GSM communication technology that sends text messages between mobile phones and network platforms. (*945#)
According to the head of e-Business at Wema Bank Plc, Mr. Dele Adeyinka said in his statement “the Wema Bank family is excited about this new development and stated that the 945 USSD platform will enable customers and non-customers alike gain easy and simple access to banking solutions from wherever they are.
“Everyone can access the simple banking solutions provided by *945#” Mr Adeyinka stated. “*945# provides services like airtime top-up, account opening, money transfer, cash-on-the-go, payment of bills, and balance enquiry”. According to him, new and existing Wema Account Holders also stand a chance to win lots of prizes by using the code in the days following this launch.
During the launch of the USSD code the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Wema Bank Plc, Mr. Segun Oloketuyi, said that the idea of the 945 was gotten from 1945, the year the bank was established.
According to him he said “Convenient banking has always been in our genes. We have strived in over 7 decades to ensure that our customers receive the best of banking solutions. *945# is our latest avenue to provide excellent service to Nigerians. It is safe and convenient.”
It also aims to promote financial inclusion in the economy as people in the grassroots can now gain access to banking services through the 945 platform”.
BENEFITS OF *945#
- Transactions are completed in seconds
- Available on all phone types
- Quick and easy to use
- No banking hall or forms
- Access your account balance from anywhere
- No need for hardware token
- All transactions are completed within 20 seconds
In order for your transaction to go through when using the *945# USSD code,your phone number must be the number you registered when opening your account.
If you have a valid phone number, *945# is specially made for you. Check out all the exciting features and services below.
1.OPENING AN ACCOUNT
With this new feature opening of an account has just gotten easy,to open an account just follow these basis steps.
- Dial *945*1#
- Provide all the requested information and wait for the SMS notification with your account number
- Visit the nearest branch for authentication and to complete the account opening process.
Note that forms are not required to get your account number. Once your account number is sent to you via SMS, you can start receiving money right away.
You don’t need to go the bank or use an ATM machine to check your account balance,to check your account balance follow these steps.
- Dial *945*0#
- Provide your PIN when prompted and your balance will be displayed
You can get your available and cleared balances anytime, anywhere, online and in real time.
Now you can transfer funds anytime,anywhere at you own convenient,to transfer funds just follow these steps.
- Dial *945*BENEFICIARY ACCOUNTNUMBER*AMOUNT#
- Follow the prompts to select beneficiary’s bank and input PIN to transfer the specified amount to any bank in Nigeria.
Please note that the maximum daily transfer amount is N100,000.00. To transfer an amount beyond this limit, you need to login to your WemaMobile or WemaOnline platform.
4.BUYING OF RECHARGE CARD
With the 945 you have quick access of recharging not only your phone,you can also credit your loved ones line from anywhere by following these steps.
- Instantly recharge your registered phone by dialing *945*AMOUNT# from the phone number you registered with WEMA Bank
- Send airtime to friends, family, and loved ones, by dialing *945*PHONENUMBER*AMOUNT#
This service is available for all networks, just specify the network and input your USSD banking PIN when prompted.
5.CASH ON THE GO
Just in case you run out of cash and you left your debit card at home,with the 945 you can get instant cash.Here is how
- Dial *945*8*amount#
- Follow the prompts to generate your withdrawal code
- Withdraw the specified amount (maximum of N20,000.00 per code and minimum of N1000) in multiples of 1000s from any cardless withdrawal supported ATMs.
6.CHANGE OF USSD PIN
Now you can change your USSD PIN by following these steps.
- Dial *945*00#
- Provide your current PIN
- Confirm the new PIN when prompted and continue your transactions with your new pin.
7.LINK YOUR BVN YO YOUR ACCOUNT
Linking of your BVN to your account will no longer be an issue,just follow these steps
- Dialing *945*BVN#
- Input BVN and PIN when prompted
- Your BVN is linked instantly to your account
To get your already linked BVN, simply
- Dial *945#
- Select the ‘’Link BVN’’ option from the menu list
- Input your PIN when prompted to display your linked BVN
- Pay your bills with *945#, dial and select ‘’Pay Bills’’ option, select required biller from the available list, follow the prompts and pay all bills instantly within seconds.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Dial short code from your phone number registered with the Bank
- Daily transaction limit is N100,000
- Self-generated PIN required to validate 3rd party transactions
- Telco charges apply per session
- Amount specified for transaction is debited from your Wema Bank account